I am catching up again, because of physical issues it’s been hard to stay up to date.
Life is often a mixed bag. One is never without struggles and they are also never without many things to be grateful for, at least in my life this is true.
I am learning to be more of service as a chairman or facilitator of meetings and answering the call when someone asks for help. Maybe it’s just listening to others and getting out of my own head for a while.
I am having to ask for help from others today and that’s very humbling.
Things that have always been true but refreshers are always needed are:
I realize tonight for me, that alcohol and anger really are one in the same for me. Neither serve me very well. I am tired, the anger has worn me down.
- We can’t lie and recover.
- We can’t hold onto anger and recover.
- It doesn’t matter what was done to you. What matters is what you are doing to others and if you are taking responsibility today.
- I am willing to be alone today rather than have someone take my joy and peace.
- I don’t have the right to judge you today.
- We all have choices choose them wisely.
- Our greatest message is how we live and not what we say.
- Just because we disagree doesn’t mean we can’t come to an understanding.
- Tomorrow is not promised to any of us.
- What we sow is what we will reap.
- People will fail me at some point and I will them too. That’s a promise. No one’s perfect.
- It’s okay to let go I don’t have to try to control everything. It’s not my job.
I think back to the church hymns while growing up and I was very young, about 10 years old. “All to Thee My Blessed Savior, I surrender all. I surrender all, I surrender all!” The minister would ask in the middle of that hymn do you really, people? Do you surrender all?
Each of us have that same question to answer for ourselves and how we choose, will determine the rest.
Not only do my decisions affect me today. They affect others as well. Especially, those around me. I am not my own person today. I am a part of a we thing.
- I am grateful for help today.
- I am grateful for the truth.
- I am grateful to be able to surrender.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to listen to others today.
- I am grateful I can choose today.
- I am grateful for the care and the transparency of others. It teaches me to do the same, to the best of my ability.
- I am grateful I picked 4pm, it will keep me accountable.
- I am grateful I don’t have to make excuses today.
- I am grateful I get to stay in contact today and stay connected.
This has been another blog post entry of Boxcar Mike and I thank you for reading! Over and Out!
God Bless Y’all Everybody!