Hi Everybody, Welcome back!
Now I last started on step one and what that meant.
Today in light of a few things you learn really quick how important thew message is to everyone suffering in and out of recovery
No one knows what each other goes through, though we may have a general idea our walk is as different as are people.
There’s a saying in something similar that whenever anyone, anywhere, reaches out for another hand, I always want that available as well for me and for that Iam responsible
We all need the message of hope and it is my responsibility to carry that to others. Today I know I I need to hear others to get out of my own head. That is part of doing the deal. However, it’s just part of the deal.
As I mentioned the steps before you see we have to do the steps and practice them in our lives so that we might live out our recovery.
Then we truly have the whole message; if we have cleaned our side of the street and saw to it, that our own house is in order.
Nothing is as effective as working with another person, to keep away from the first drink. It also means we can let go of our selfish thoughts and humble ourselves to listen to another person. It gets us out of our own heads.
The time we take to listen may mean the difference between life and death. There’s nothing wrong with inconveniencing ourselves and putting on several pot of coffee, to listen to someone else until the wee hours of the morning.
Countless others have done it for me. There is no reason why I cannot do it for others.
It is like we are on The Titanic, if we don’t take the time to help our brothers and sisters along this journey. We will all drown if we don’t take the hand of one reaching out for help.
For if we stop accepting another’s hand, what’s to stop another from stopping. Soon we will have no one listening to anyone and then recovery stops.
We all at some point or other need to be heard and we all need to be listening to another. It’s one of the gifts and miracles of the program. We cannot afford to rest.
It’s part of our daily insurance and helps us with our daily reprieve. That is only contingent on our spiritual condition.
I know what it is to be left alone and I know what it is to leave someone alone. I never want either to be repeated in my life time. Therefore, I am responsible today when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help.
Please come back tomorrow as I explain what I have learned in Step 2 of the 12 Steps. In conclusion is my Daily Gratitude List:
- I am grateful that others listen to me.
- I am grateful I can listen to others and get out of my own head.
- I am grateful that just for today I have another reprieve and that Iam not alone.
- I am grateful for the ability to learn along this journey and that I don’t have to have all of the answers.
- I am grateful that in letting go I can find joy today.
- I am grateful that I can take responsibility just for today.
- I am grateful I don’t have to fake it until I make it today.
- I am grateful I made the choice to continue changing my story and I don’t have to be ashamed of that.
- I am grateful for the unconditional love of God as I understand Him and don’t understand Him today.
This has been another blog post entry of BoxCar Mike! Thanks for reading! Over and Out!
God Bless Y’all Everybody